Toronto, ON – ParaSport Ontario recently announced the new members of the Ontario ParaSport Games Council. This ten member Council is responsible for making recommendations to the ParaSport Ontario Board of Directors concerning Ontario ParaSport Games related programs.
The Council, Chaired by ParaSport Ontario’s VP of Competitions, Faye Blackwood, will provide advice and expertise on all matters regarding the delivery of the Ontario ParaSport Games Program. In addition to Faye Blackwood, members of the committee include:
- Brad Blancahrd – sledge hockey trainer, President of the Windsor Ice Bullets and sport technical representative for OSHA at the Ontario ParaSport Winter Games.
- Lynda Charters – Executive Director of Ontario Wheelchair Sports Association, former VP of Development on ParaSport Ontario Board of Directors, and past chairperson of the Board of Directors for SunFlower House Child Care Centre in Toronto
- Patti Kittler – ParaNordic Development Coodinator for Cross Country Ontario (CCO), Course Conductor for NCCP II technical for cross country skiing, Chair of CCO’s High Performance Committee and is currently Cross Country Canada’s (CCC) ParaNordic Eastern Coordinator.
- Rob Janoska – certified as an International Boccia Official, co-chair of the 2003 and 2007 Ontario ParaSport Summer Games sport technical representative for the Ontario Cerebral Palsy Sports Association (OCPSA) from 2002-2004 and sat on Games Council from 2003-2004 as the OCPSA Representative.
- Thomas Ward – Technical Assistant with the Ontario Curling Association, sport technical representative for Ontario Curling Council for the Ontario ParaSport Winter Games since 2006, NCCP Level 2 Certified Coach
- Virginia McLauchlin – National level track athlete, holds Canadian Record in long jump (T37)
- Mike Scholte – Athlete on the 1st Ontario ParaNordic Ski team, working towards qualifying for the Canadian World cup and Canadian Paralympic team
- Andrew Dybenko – Games consultant with the Sport Alliance of Ontario (Ex-officio)
- Matt Rhodes – Games/Communications Manager with ParaSport Ontario (Ex-officio)
The Ontario ParaSport Games Council will work to provide events that are of the highest quality and meet the needs of all participants moving forward. Congratulations and thanks to all new Council members for their interest and support of the Ontario ParaSport Games Program. For more information please contact Matt Rhodes, Games/Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 416.426-.7030.