General Manager Job Description
Position: General Manager
8 month contract position
Reports to: Chairperson(s) & Games Organizing Committee & ParaSport Consultant(s)
To assist in the planning, coordination and supervision of the 2012 ParaSport Winter Games, in conjunction with the volunteer based Games Organizing Committee (GOC) and the Host Municipality.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Take minutes and prepare agendas for the GOC meetings and various sub-committee meetings as required.
- Prepare reports, including final report, as required.
- Liaise with the Provincial Sport Organizations of each identified competition sport to ensure that the competition needs are met.
- Develop and implement strategies for volunteer recruitment, orientation, training and recognition in partnership with the Volunteer Chairperson.
- Assist the Chairperson of Registration and Accommodations with the creation of a registration and accreditation program, accommodations and securing food arrangements for athletes, officials and VIPs.
- Assist the Chairperson of Media Relations & Promotions with promotions, media and marketing endeavors to develop an overall strategy for the Games and create a positive image for the 2012 Ontario ParaSport Winter Games in the community.
- Assist the Chairperson of Protocol, Awards and Ceremonies with the planning and delivery of the Opening Ceremonies and special events.
- Work with the Transportation & Logistics Chairperson to develop an internal/external transportation plan, equipment transportation plan and signage plan.
- Cooperatively develop, with the Sport Technical Chairperson, a plan for the delivery of the sport components of the Games.
- Assist the Chairperson of Medical & Security Services to develop a medical services plan, venue security and parking program for the Games.
- Assist the Chairperson of Sponsorship & Fundraising to develop and secure corporate, service club, community and individual donations to support the Games operations.
- Assist in recording expenditures, preparing tenders, and monitoring the budget in cooperation with the Finance and Administrative Chairperson.
- Work cooperatively with the Chairperson(s), the ParaSport Advisor, the SAO Advisor and the GOC to develop the overall Games strategy.
- Assist in the supervision of contract and grants; participating in establishing priorities, assigning tasks and following up with appraisals.
- Prepare reports as required by Human Resources Development Canada (if applicable).
The successful candidate must possess:
- Work experience in multi-sport competition management
- General knowledge of various accessibility, employment and health & safety legislation and practices
- Excellent computer skills utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently, under pressure and with keen attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Class “G” Driver’s License in good standing
- Availability to attend evening and/or weekend meetings or other events as required
- Experience working with Sport Alliance of Ontario and/or Provincial Sports Organizations an asset
- At least three years of closely related work experience performing the above functions
Please forward your resume along with cover letter to:
2010 Ontario ParaSport Winter Games Committee
c/o Denise Corry
Town of Huntsville
37 Main Street East
Huntsville, ON P1H 1A1
Deadline: March 18, 2011