The 2011 Ontario ParaSport Summer Games torch will make its way to the Sarnia Athletics Southwest Track & Field Complex on Friday Aug 19th, to be carried in and lit during the Opening Ceremonies.
Through the Carry the Torch Contest, several athletes will have the opportunity to carry the torch throughout its 3.5 km journey. The contest winner will carry the torch into the stadium, officially kicking off the 2011 Ontario ParaSport Summer Games Opening Ceremony!
We’re challenging you to submit a written essay illustrating why you believe you should be given the opportunity to carry the torch.
How to Enter:
1. Send your story: firstname.lastname@example.org Maximum 500 words. Be creative.
1. Submit your story by 4:00pm July 11, 2011
2. Top Finalists will be posted for voting from July 25 – August 5
3. Winners will be announced on Monday, August 8th
Finalists will be selected based on:
- Involvement with the Ontario ParaSport Games
- How well it captures the values of the Ontario ParaSport Games program
- All finalists must be able to complete 300m leg of the relay and be available to be in Sarnia August 19th at 8:30am – 1:00pm
You must be at least 16 years old or have parental approval.
You must be an Ontario resident.
The story must be original and written by you.
By submitting your story to this contest, you grant ParaSport Ontario and the Ontario ParaSport Games a royalty-free license to copy, distribute, modify, display and perform publicly and otherwise use, and authorize others to use, your work for any promotional purpose throughout the world and in any media.
If your submission follows the rules and meets the eligibility criteria above, it will be judged by a panel based on creativity, originality, message content, relation to this campaign’s theme.
Personal information collected from submitters to the Contest will never be sold.
Winner must consent to having their story published and agree to having a picture and/or video taken.