Alex Marta is a Para-Alpine Skier with the Alpine Ontario Para Racing Team. She began skiing at six years old but didn’t really know she wanted to ski competitively until 2011 when she joined a black diamond program for athletes who wanted to become better skiers. Since then she became one of the best at what she does, as she ranks 25th in the world; 5th in the nation in the women’s standing slalom and 27th in the world; 6th in the nation in the women’s standing giant slalom.
- Para-Alpine Skiing
- 2016: United States National Championships
- 2016: Empire State Winter Games
- 2015: Canada Winter Games
- 2015: Canadian National Championships
- 2014: Canadian National Championships
- 2014: Ontario Winter Games
- 2016: 5th in Slalom at US Nationals
- 2015: 7th in Giant slalom US Nationals
- 2016: Bronze- Empire State Winter Games Slalom standing Women
- 2016: Bronze – Empire State Winter Games Giant Slalom standing Women
- 2015: Camp Fortune Ski Club Wall of Fame
- 2015: Bronze Canadian Championships in Giant Slalom Standing Women
How does ParaSport® motivate Alex?
“One of the biggest things skiing has helped me with is confidence. At school and or other places I always feel the first thing people see and are looking at is my disability and braces. When I’m on the hill and clicked into my bindings I feel like none of that matters anymore and I can just give it my all. And show people that it’s not what you cant do that matters, its what you can do”. – Alex Marta