The bid guidelines for the ParaSport® Ontario Games are currently being restructured. For reference, please see previous guidlines below:
2013-2015 Bid Guidelines
Ontario ParaSport® Games Appendices
ParaSport® Ontario offers two unique multi-sport competitions showcasing Ontario’s athletes and Ontario’s communities, offering participants, volunteers and spectators the chance to experience the challenge and excitement of the Games, and leaving behind an important legacy of community pride and sport tourism development. Since 1975, the Ontario ParaSport® Games have brought Ontario together while providing an opportunity for athletes to reach for their dreams.
In partnership with the Sport Alliance of Ontario, ParaSport® Ontario delivers the Ontario Games Program on behalf of the Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport, as part of its efforts to support amateur sport, physical activity and community development in the province.
- To provide athletes with physical disabilities an elite level provincial championship
- To provide a venue for athletes to be selected, and advance to national and international competitions
- To enhance development of athletes, coaches, officials and the Provincial Sports Organizations (PSO’s)
- To promote public awareness of the Paralympic/ParaSport® movement, sport and showcase Ontario’s best athletes
- To provide host communities with an opportunity to make their communities barrier free and leave a legacy for persons with a disability in the community.
- To reach out to other groups in the community to assist in the organization of the championships