Fall Programming Internship
Reporting to: Senior Director & Programming & Digital Coordinator
ParaSport® Ontario is a not-for-profit provincial sport organization that provides leadership, resources, and opportunities to ensure a strong community for persons with a disability in the Ontario sport and recreation community.
Our key initiatives include: providing multi-sport competitions for our member organizations; the delivery of Ready, Willing, and Able (RWA), a community outreach program; providing adaptive equipment for various events; and supporting and promoting the Paralympic movement.
The Fall Programming Intern will assist ParaSport® Ontario staff in providing assistance with the RWA Program, including coordination and delivery of sessions & researching & contacting various organizations (i.e., schools, rehab facilities, etc.) to express interest in hosting a RWA session; assist with the coordination of adaptive equipment for school programs; and updating office resources.
The Fall Programming Intern will also work on the following:
- Research Fundraising and Sponsorship opportunities
- Assist with promoting parasports in the community
- Other areas where the Summer Program Assistant may express interest in gaining experience.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Ready, Willing & Able (RWA)
- Promote RWA to potential host organizations (including schools, rehabilitation centers, etc.)
- Attend and assist in delivery of RWA sessions within Toronto
- Follow up with program participants to encourage and support further involvement in sport
- Support Program Assistant in organizing logistics of RWA sessions
- Enter participant information into ParaSport® Ontario’s database
- Various administrative duties
- Update Resource Directory
- Assist Senior Director with fundraising & sponsorship initiatives.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in an office environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of the amateur sport community in Ontario
- Knowledge of disability sports and/or the Paralympic movement
- Strong computer skills – including Microsoft Office
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Professional and friendly telephone, email and in-person communication skills
- Willingness to attend events/meetings on some evenings and weekends
- Valid driver’s license an asset
Term: Sept – Dec, 2017
Salary: Unpaid, for school credit
Note: Must be a full-time student to be eligible.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter & resume including two references
3701 Danforth Avenue
Toronto, ON M1N 2G2
Telephone: (416) 426-7187
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
ParaSport Ontario is an equal opportunity employer